Good morning, Fedi!
Looks like I woke up earlier, for like 5 minutes, just to post about chili, so I'm taking that as a sign I should have it for breakfast.
Gonna hang with Ekko for a few hours, then hopping right back on the fediEngine horse. Alpha testers should be getting copies by Sunday night/Monday morning.
Feature Preview: SuperTags; Have the software regularly poll **every instance it knows about** for a given #hashtag. Useful for current events and hobbies, but you'll probably use it for porn.
Like, I want you imagine, the sheer lunacy, the utter insanity, the enterprise grade doublethink that is necessary...
To cry victim and accuse someone of making threats (building an app is... A threat? 🤔) .... And then linking their response to you making literal threats of real actual violence.
And then telling that same someone that downloading public content is illegal around the world because it's illegal for businesses to do in Europe. And that it will be "proofs against you"
YOUR HONOR! I HAVE THE PROOFS! I DOWNLOADED HIS PUBLIC STATUS WHE- oh wait
What a fucking dumbass.
Hey, isn't promoting violence something that can get you cancelled on here?
Sure would suck if __entity__ was report brigaded.
Client it is. Triggering people who get triggered by their public posts being public will come another day.
Client will be:
1) PyQt5. Cross platform. No Electron.
2) tabbed, QTreeView. Very high density. Should be unique. Meant for power users.
3) multiple accounts, of course!
4) Open a unified timeline, individual timelines, instances' public timelines, in tabs
5) Tor support, per-account
6) User agent can be changed, so nobody can punish you for using r000t's software
Really bad analogy.
1) Plenty of people take pictures of graffiti and children's sidewalk chalk drawings. There are communities dedicated to this.
2) Nobody was scraping your posts while you were drafting them. Your public statuses were scraped after YOU pushed them to a decentralized network of potentially thousands of unique servers representing hundreds of thousands of unique people.
Person: Posts public missives publicly to public timelines for public consumption by members of the general public
Members of the general public: *Consumes publicly posted content posted publicly to public timelines for consumption by members of the public*
Person: THIS IS JUST LIKE GETTING MUGGED ON THE STREET SMH MY DATA WAS STOLEN
I shitpost, and I protect Ekko. This is my purpose.
Yes, I should drive you wild.
A silly domain for test deploys, now has a mastodon instance. A place for memes as shitty as the name. Zero bullshit tolerated.